Hosted PDM Setup Instructions
Connecting to EpiGrid Server and SOLIDWORKS PDM Vault
Complete the 3 Phases below to connect to your cloud SOLIDWORKS PDM vault.
Click on a phase below for step by step instructions.
Phase 1 - Sophos VPN installation and setup
Install and Configure Sophos VPN client
1. Go to SophosConnect-MSI-File and download the Sophos VPN application for Windows.
2. Run the .msi setup file.
3. Accept the End User License Agreement and Select Install.
4. Select Finish and Launch the Sophos Connect client.
Note: Navigate to the Sophos Connect client in the windows start menu or select the Sophos VPN icon located by the clock in Windows 10.
5. Select the blue button labeled Import Connection.
6. Navigate to the .PRO file provided by EpiGrid.
7. Select Connect, then enter your credentials that have been provided by your reseller.
(choose the "Save Username and Password" check box if you would like to avoid entering these credentials each time you connect)
8. After connecting successfully, a green check will show up by the clock over the Sophos VPN icon.
Phase 2 - PDM client installation
PDM Client Installation
Each user that will be connecting to any PDM vault must have the PDM client installed first.
If you already have SOLIDWORKS CAD installed and will be adding the PDM client to your existing installation, follow the steps below.
If you are installing the PDM Client Only (without SW CAD), contact your SW Reseller for installation instructions.
1. Launch the Windows Control Panel and navigate to Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features.
2. Scroll and locate the SOLIDWORKS program. Make sure you are modifying the correct version installation. Right click the application and select Change.
Dismiss the warning below if prompted by selecting OK.
3. Select Modify your installation and then select Next.
4. Enter your SOLIDWORKS CAD serial number and select Next.
5. Check the box next to the products that you would like to Install. Verify that SOLIDWORKS PDM client is checked at minimum. Select Next to proceed.
6. On the Summary page, scroll down to the SOLIDWORKS PDM options section. Select Change.
7. Verify or change the PDM Product. Select PDM Standard or Professional based on the vault type. Verify or change the PDM client type as well. Select Back to Summary.
8. Select Modify Now.
9. Enter the location of the PDM vault and/or server information where the license manager is activated. The information must be entered in the correct format.
Replace the text for server name with the correct server name. Select OK. (If you do not have connectivity at this time to the license server, you will get a warning that says it cannot reach the license server. Select Yes to proceed)
- This window may not pop up based on the license that was entered in the installation manager. That is not a problem. If this window does not pop up, proceed to Phase 3.
10. After the installation is completed, select Finish.
Phase 3 - Create PDM Local View using CSV file
Creating PDM vault local view
1. Download the .csv file provided in the deployment docs shared folder.
2. Double click the .cvs file and select "Open with" if prompted.
3. Browse to this location. C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS PDM
Select "ViewSetup.exe" to launch the .csv file.
4. Select Finish. Creation of the PDM vault local view is now completed.