How To Reset the Default Admin password
- Login to the PDM archive server. Make sure to have local administrative permissions for that server.
- Open the registry editor
- Navigate to the Windows Start menu and type "regedit" without the quotation marks.
- Launch the registry editor.
- Navigate to the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ArchiveServer\ConisioUsers
- Delete the key "Admin" by right clicking and selecting delete.
- Start the Archive Server Configuration Tool
- Start > Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > Archive Server Configuration
- In the Archive Server Configuration Tool, select Tools, then select Default Settings
- Select the Login Page tab, then in the Admin User section, select the Password button
- Enter the new password
- Note: The current password will be blank at this point.
- After hitting OK the ‘Admin’ key will be recreated in the registry and the new password set
Restart the PDM Archive Server service to complete the process.
This completes the process and resets the PDM Admin password.